- Debian GNU/Linux - The Universal Operating System
- Emdebian Bootldr - Loader for booting devices
- Emdebian Kernel - Linux Kernel home site
- Emdebian JTAG - JTAG tools
- Scratchbox - Cross-compilation toolkit project
- QEmu - Generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer
- CELF - Wiki with information about development and use of Linux in embedded systems
- LinuxDevices.com - Excellent news source for Embedded Linux
- Familiar - PDA distribution focussed on compaq ipaqs
- OpenZaurus - Free Software PDA distribution originally focussed on the Sharp Zaurus
- Handhelds.org - lots of good stuff for Linux on Handhelds - compile farm, familiar, toolchains, ipkg mini package manager
- T2 Project - it is a flexible open source System Development Environment or Distribution Build Kit.
- TCOS project - it is an open source utility to setup a minimal rootstrap.
- Debian Sarge on Rouberboard - Installation of Debian Sarge on Rouberboard 532.
- Debian Sarge on ASUS WL-500G deluxe - Installation of Debian Sarge on ASUS WL-500G deluxe.
- Linaro - brings together ARM open source community and the electronics industry to work on key projects, deliver tools, reduce industry wide fragmentation
Other embedded Distributions
There are a number of people and organisations using Debian to build small systems in one way or another. Here is list of links which are more or less related.
- OpenWRT Project - described as a Linux distribution for embeded devices.
- Debian Router Project - builds a router from scratch using standard Debian parts, by Vadim Bergkaut
- STAG embedded framework - Excellent paper on cross-building systems the Debian way. Example packages too. Still a work in progress but very informative.
- 5lb Linux - a stripped down Debian stable system
- Erik Andersen's uclibc version of Debian - a first cut version of all of Debian recompiled with uclibc
- Debian Woody for the Psion 5mx PDA - a stripped down Debian stable system - 10MB for the base system plus anoth 7Mb for X, by Brian Dushaw.
- Instaling Debian on an x86 min-ITX machine - Not really a small-resource system but contains some useful info of the joys of getting new hardware to work. .
Tools and handy software
- Scratchbox - handy tool for faking native compiles on fast cross-compiling boxes
- PTXdist - tool for building systems from source
- crosstool - set of scripts for building cross-compilers by Dan Kegel
- OpenEmbedded - a tool for building embedded systems from source.
- Debian on an emulated ARM machine - Using a kernel compiled with the right options, it is possible to install a Debian distribution on QEmu emulator.
- MinGW cross compiling environment - This script compiles a MinGW cross compiler and cross compiles many free libraries such as GD and SDL. Thus, it provides a nice MinGW cross compiling environment. All necessary source packages are downloaded automatically..
Projects using emdebian or emdebsys
- Toby Churchill - Manufacturer of the Lightwriter® - Text To Speech Communication Aids
- Linux Open Media Box - A media player system based on x86 ITX hardware, using emdebsys to generate the system
Back to the Emdebian Project homepage.