Emdebian at TCL 2009, Cambridge.
March 7th, 2009
2nd to 6th March 2009, Cambridge. Several Emdebian developers met up at an event hosted by Toby!Churchill to work on Emdebian Grip on the balloon3 board. Neil Williams, Jonathan McDowell, Wookey and Nick Bane attended.
TCl provided sponsorship of the event, including food, accomodation and travel as well as making space for us in their offices and giving us unfettled access to their network.
The worksession was very successful with development work on many areas:
- Boot times
- Emdebian Grip on Balloon3
- Touchscreen support on balloon3
- Bluetooth headset support
- YAFFS kernel patches cleanups for inclusion into mainline kernel
- Minipug (graphics LCD for TCL on balloon3)
- langupdate and TDeb improvements
- Build-system changes for automated root filesystems based on Grip.
Tcl also made a balloon3 board available for Jonathan to further assist ongoing development.
Back to other Emdebian news.
Back to the Emdebian Project homepage.